Hey Everyone! First, I just wanted to give a heads up about this blog for the future. I love each and everyone of you guys who reads it, and I would love to post content daily for you guys, but with my school and work schedule for the next semester, it just isn't do-able. However, with that said, I will be posting on here sporadically, so follow me on Twitter to know when that is! Also, I an a co-blogger on Reading in the Rain, and I will be posting there once a week (maybe more if I have time) so go on over and check it out!
Anyways, without much further ado, here's a 'fun facts' post from Kat Colmer, the author of the new release, The Third Kiss!!
The Third Kiss summary:
Love curses don’t exist. At least that’s what Jonas, master of the meaningless hookup, tells himself when a letter warns him he’s an Eros Guardian cursed to endure a test of true love or forever be alone. His levelheaded longtime friend Cora figures it’s a revenge prank by an ex. The way Jonas stamps each girlfriend with a weeklong use-by date, it serves him right.
But when an impulsive kiss between the two friends reveals potential for more, Cora becomes the target of the Groth Maar: demons sent to wipe out the Eros Guardian line. And suddenly the curse becomes dangerously real.
Breaking the curse means Jonas’s biggest challenge yet. Failure guarantees Cora’s death. But success may cost him his own life…and the loss of his carefully guarded heart to the one girl far too sensible to fall for him.
Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | Entangled Publishing
Thanks for having me on the Cozy Little Book Nook to share a few Fun Facts about myself and my young adult paranormal romance The Third Kiss. Grab a cuppa and a biscuit, and maybe one of those comfy looking pillow’s off Brooke’s couch, and I’ll get started.
1. The idea for The Third Kiss came to me after reading the Old Testament story of Amon and Tamar, in which King David’s beautiful daughter Tamar is shamed and cast out of her father’s palace, all because her half brother Amnon felt she was his for the taking. The disgraced Tamar goes mad thanks to the ordeal. This got me to thinking… What if she didn’t go mad? What if she got mad instead? And so the Love’s Mortal Coil curse was born.
2. The kiss in the gazebo in chapter sixteen is an award winner! The scene won the Romance Writer’s of Australia First Kiss competition back in 2014. That’s right, that there is one award winning smooch, and I had huge fun writing the verbal and emotional push and pull between Jonas and Cora in the lead up to this momentous moment.
3. One of the scenes in The Third Kiss takes place on the Sydney University campus, where an iconic Jacaranda tree has stood for close to a century in the university’s quadrangle. Shortly after I started edits on The Third Kiss, the Jacaranda died and collapsed! I was about to edit the tree out, when the university announced they’d be planting a graft of the old tree in its place, so I got to keep the Jacaranda in the scene. Phew!
4. In the first draft of The Third Kiss, Jonas’s sister Beth had a boyfriend. My editor felt he had to be done away with. I didn’t like the character that much anyway—he had questionable taste in music.
5. A friend of mine makes replica weaponry, so I had a Sword of Absolom made—the only weapon the Groth Maar demons can use to kill Cora. Here’s a picture. Looks real, doesn’t it? You’d never know it was made of foam and rubber!
6. My writing space consists of a small table and chair, as well as a chaise, which comes in handy when I want to lounge around and type on my laptop. Or when I want to kick back and read. Mind you, I usually have to fight one of my kids to get to it.
Kat Colmer is a Sydney-based Young and New Adult author who writes coming-of-age stories with humor and heart. The recipient of several writing awards, she has won the Romance Writers of Australia First Kiss contest, as well as the Romance Writers of America On the Far Side contest for her debut Young Adult Paranormal Romance.
Kat has a Master of Education in Teacher Librarianship and loves working with teens and young adults. When not writing, teaching, or reading the latest in YA fiction, Kat spends time with her husband and two children.
Website | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Entangled Publishing
Alright guys, that is it for this post. I hope you guys enjoyed it, and learned something new about a new book! Be sure to check out the links to the book, as well as connect with the author on social media and all that! Also, since this is my first time having a fun facts post, and I love hearing from you all, tell me if you guys liked this post, and what type of other posts you want to see in the future!
And with that, this is it for today, and I hope to post more soon! (And go check out Reading in the Rain, it is such a lovely site, and I am so happy to be a part of the team!)
You can also find me on social media, @BrookeEvans2001 on Twitter and @thecozylittlebooknook on Instagram.
Brooke's a high schooler who loves to read all sorts of books. She's happy to be able to share all the books she's reading with all of y'all.